Thursday, August 30, 2007

summer slacking

So, barely two weeks into this blogging adventure of mine, and already I've slacked off considerably. I've not posted at all this week. Remember what I said in my first posting about using this as a means of becoming a more disciplined writer? Ha. Guess I'm still working on that one.

Well, I sit at a desk all day. Most of the time, when I get home in the evening, the last thing I want to do is sit back down at another desk in front of another computer. There are so many other things to do, inside and out. Especially out, this time of year, when summer makes it plain she's not sticking around for much longer.

I tranquilized the type-A in my personality this Tuesday to take advantage of what may have been the last 85 degree day, leaving work at 1:00 to go jump in the lake and soak up some sun--and sand. I came home with a lot of sand. It was a nice, hot, windy day on the beach. I laid back in the water, enjoying the contrast between what I was doing and what I should have been doing. And then I had ice cream. Not because I wanted to, you understand, but because that's how you cap off a beach day. Of course. One does not mess with these traditions lightly, or without good reason.

Making up the time I missed at work is a bit of a hassle, but worth it. I am very thankful to work at a place that allows the occasional afternoon of playing hooky. And the occasional afternoon of playing pirates. But that's another story...

No comments: