Wednesday, December 19, 2007

sound forth the trumpets of yule!

Well, it's a good thing I'm firmly in the holiday spirit, for today I struggle through the joys of flying and make my way cross-country to the Seattle-Tacoma International airport, to be met by my parents and swept up into a joyful week of holiday gluttony. I love Christmas. No big surprise for anyone, I know. I love it all--the making presents, the baking--the eating of the baking--the music. Yes, I love Christmas music. But not all Christmas music, indiscriminately, never fear. I particularly dislike the modern pop songs that really don't have anything to do with the actual holiday.

There are way, way too many Christmas break-up songs.

I don't even know where to begin when criticizing that one. So I'll just say one thing: if your relationships hinge on Santa Claus, you're in big trouble. Get professional help.

Though the image of Santa bringing down an errant boyfriend with a tranquilizer dart and stuffing him into the big red sack is somewhat amusing.

But I'd rather sing songs about Jesus. And walking in my winter underwear.

Merry Christmas from the Wonderspools!

No comments: