Thursday, April 23, 2009

the dress

Ok, so I'm no scaredy-cat. Bugs--no problem. Small animals--no problem. Freakish weather--no problem. Walking alone up a dark country road--not a big deal. Power tools--bring 'em on. Contact sports--no blood, no foul. Public speaking--doesn't throw me.
But this dress...

This dress is a little scary. I know, it may seem strange. I have no problem with pulling off slightly odd, funky clothing--especially things I've made myself. And this is just a simple black dress. Ha. It's stretch satin. It's quite snug. There's no hiding my curves in this thing. And I don't do sexy. I do fun--maybe even cute. But not sexy. It's a bridesmaid's dress, so I'll be standing up at the front of a church...with dozens and dozens of people looking at my keister. Gulp. I'm going to need to summon all my courage for this one.

4 comments:

The Prescott's said...

You'll do great!!!

Mrs. DuPuis said...

But just remember that your good friend Karissa recently told you how svelte you looked...
SVELTE -- 1 a: slender, lithe b: having clean lines : sleek

My Front Porch Looking In said...

Oh, I have every faith that you will pull it off fabulously!! You are beautiful.

the Wonderspools said...

***blush***