Tuesday, May 19, 2009

merry-go-round

Yes, the last few weeks have been a whole lot of up-and-down and round-and-round as I have begun to seriously shop for a house.

Two weeks ago I viewed a great house, put in an offer, went through the whole business of counter offer and counter-counter offer and mortgage pre-approval and at last reached an agreement on price. Hypothetically, I had just bought a house.

One week ago, this great house failed the hard core Spoolstra family inspection. I had to walk away from the deal, and I was back to square one.

Today I have three or four promising listings in hand and hope to get inside them soon. And the carousel ride continues.

Excuse me, it's time I got back to reading Home Buying and Selling for Dummies.

1 comment:

the Wonderspools said...

Oh, and just to update: I put an offer on another house this morning. Zow. (But I won't hear anything for awhile, so don't get out the circus animals and balloons just yet...)