Monday, August 3, 2009

ham on buns

I've moved!

Saturday was terrific--thanks again to all my friends, family, a coworkers who lent a hand. We set a new record--three hours start to finish! And we only made one trip. Well done everyone!

And when we were finished, when the last box was brought inside my new home...we had the most fabulous lunch, provided by my mother. Good old fashioned Dutch ham-on-buns. She even got us the old-school raisin buns, which are somewhat hard to find. I was so happy. And that's a good thing--I believe I ate five or six on Saturday, over the course of lunch-supper, and a couple more yesterday...and one for lunch right now, in fact. Mmm. SO good. Almost a balanced meal all by itself: fruit, grain, meat, dairy. And I'm glad to not have to cook just yet. I did find most of my kitchen yesterday, but I'm not quite there yet. Soon, though...

As soon as I run out of ham.

1 comment:

Mrs. DuPuis said...

I can't wait to see your lovely house!!!! Congrats!