Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a musing

Wishing I could hurry up and get wise.

Well, you're looking particularly fine today--what are you waiting for?

I should sort out my sock basket. When's the last time I bought fun socks? Would my feet look better in stripes, or polka dots?

I've decided that good women aren't hard to find--we're just hard to keep. Meaning that it actually requires some effort.

I think people need a certain amount of adversity to flourish. Nowadays we're well-fed, soft, comfortable--amid floundering in painful, messy ways. Let's get more good clean dirt on our hands and drop-kick all those purse-sized bottles of hand-sani.

Can't you open your eyes and see that I, in all my backwardness, am actually ahead of them all? Ok, some. Ahead of some. I still got work to do. Who doesn't?

If it doesn't require effort, is it worth anything?

And tupperware. I need to sort my tupperware, too. Get rid of those lidless misfits.

My left shoulder pops funny when I roll it. Why is that?

Repeating the same behavior and expecting different results?
That's crazy talk.

No comments: