Tuesday, July 27, 2010

more kitchen

Well, for anyone who was wondering if I ever got the outlet covers put up in my kitchen...














Yes, yes I did. Of course, you may note, it was not as simple as it "should" have been. First I had to remedy my design flaw (gasp! a mistake! surely not!) and knock out some of the little glass tiles and replace with bits of subway tile, so that the covers could lie flush. Some of it was fun--I do like to tile. But I do not like recutting the same piece three times. Oh, well. It's done.














Here's some action footage. On this outlet I just had to lay a new piece on the top edge. It was pretty simple. Except it broke when we were tightening the outlets back up, so I had to do it again. Sigh. The second time, I slid little bits of tile under the bottom "ears" as well, which helped a lot. Then I had to mix up an absurdly small amount of grout. Hence the use of the baked bean can. Which I thought was awesome.

No comments: