Monday, January 14, 2008

welcoming Gladys

Well, it's about time I introduced everyone to my new friend. Meet Gladys, the sassy blue dressform. We've been taking some time lately to get to know each other--check out the lovely corduroy blazer that she helped me finish this weekend.

I must say, she is the quietest roommate I've ever had. She never bothers me with idle, inane remarks. She stays in the spare bedroom for days on end, never eats my food, never has rowdy friends over, and never fails to leave a room as clean as she's found it. On top of that, she lets me stick her full of pins and spin her round and round without a single word of complaint.


In fact, if she were human, I'd be somewhat worried.

3 comments:

Mrs. DuPuis said...

I love it that you have a dressform and that you named her Gladys. I've been watching "Friends" recently and I have decided that if you were a "Friends" character you would be Phoebe. What about me?

the Wonderspools said...

I confess, darling, I haven't watched Friends in about a decade and can barely remember the names...but I still love you. ;)

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Haha... Phoebe is definitely my favorite :)