Thursday, June 12, 2008

fabric utopia


I sew. I do. Whether or not it's cool, I like it. I also just love fabric in general. Mmm. Lovely, delicious fabric. As I've been living in a house with plenty of space, I've been able to get my fabric out of it's bulging tub and into this nice shelving unit in the second bedroom--aka, the sewing room. Ah. An entire room just for sewing. Marvelous!
So, I had plenty of fabric bits and bobs...and then my parents moved, and my mother (a far better seamstress than I) decided it was time to purge her 30-year fabric collection. And VOILA!

Fabric Utopia! Ugly upholstery fabric! Canvas! Fleece! Salvaged tablecloths and sheets! Cotton remnants! I could sew for months without leaving the house. And if you look closely on the upper right-hand border, you can see there is more stacked in the closet next to the shelves.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Tait said...

Did you know that every one of the cardigans that Mr. Rogers wore on the show was hand made by his wife? True dat -Tait

the Wonderspools said...

Ha ha. Well, I guess you really do learn something new every day.

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Beautiful!