Thursday, September 25, 2008

new dress

A few weeks ago, I found the most fabulous fabric--as you can see. Of course, I wasn't really looking to make a new dress right then, but when opportunity comes knocking, it's best to answer the door, ey?

In my repertoire of patterns both old and new, I had one rather magnificent blouse and skirt set from 1977. After a bit of trial and error and a lot of help from Gladys, that fabric and old pattern became this quite funktastically cute dress. This is one of those rare times when something looks better on me than it does on Gladys, but take a gander at that fantastic neckline and the empire-waist drawstring.
This dress is quite simply an instant party.

1 comment:

My Front Porch Looking In said...

This looks super cute! Props to you on your creativity to combine a blouse and skirt to make this funky dress. I would love to see a picture of you in it. Hope you are having a great week! Miss you.