Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ho hum

I made the mistake of looking at the newspaper during my lunch break. Looks like it's another day for economic death and dismemberment. Doom! Doom! Apocalypse! I hate it. Everyone knows they shouldn't panic, because that might start a bigger panic and then we'll all panic and then boom! Great Depression II. But in this day and age, even thinking about talking about the possibility of panic seems to be enough to start one. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. How is it possible that America got so stupid with its money?

I think it's because we're a bunch of greedy monkeys. We want to have our cake and eat it too. My solution: don't spend money you don't have. Too simple? Maybe. But just because something is simple doesn't mean it's not the solution. I doubt my idea will be popular, though. It'll mean sacrificing our false sense of affluence.

Sigh.

On the plus side, there was also a little article announcing Starbucks' launch of its new hot chocolate, a "signature blend" of four different kinds of cocoa. The world can't be in that bad of shape, then, can it?

No comments: