Friday, February 27, 2009

congratulations!

Congratulations to John and Shelly Becker, now the proud parents of a delightful little girl, Marney Faye Becker, born February 26, 2009! No pictures yet, but I'll do my best.

She's going to be on my future softball team. It's already been decided. My fierce and gigantic niece Avery is my first team member--probably at pitcher, though she might have a center fielder's arm on her. We'll give little Marney Faye a few sprint tests before we place her, but I have a feeling she'd be a good third baseman. Maybe second base. We'll check her reflex time, and how steady her judgment is under pressure.

Now...here's the true question: Shelly's mom and my mom are first cousins. So what relation are Shelly and I--and what relation am I to Marney? Hmm. Second-thirds divided by six cousins with a double twist of lime? Not a clue.

Throw the party confetti!

1 comment:

The Prescott's said...

yeah!!! I like the twist of lime part :)