Monday, October 13, 2008

october sun

Things have been quite busy for me this last handful of days. My biannual German invasion occurred on Friday, the preparations for which kept me busily cleaning and tidying and painting and washing the tractor and...

(My German what? Oh--for those who are unaware, my house is owned by a lovely older German couple from Hamburg. Seriously. Twice a year, they come out for about two weeks and stay in their upstairs apartment. As I am both tenant and caretaker, and since they are particular in a very German way, I do quite a bit of extra work before they come.)

This fall was extra fun, as their apartment had been renovated over the last two months, and required some hardcore cleaning--which I was hired to do. No problem. I likes me a little extra cash. It just meant I went from being busy to being busier. But now they are here, and now I'm caught up on the housework for a few days. Well, except for vacuuming the ladybug invasion. I killed about a hundred in the sewing room yesterday. No exaggeration. But that's another story...

Yesterday, my dad came and picked me up on his motorcycle and we went for a two-hour ride, mostly through the country, and I got my fill of the wonderful warm sun, and saw lots of lovely fall color. Ahh. There's nothing like seeing those golden and red trees against a backdrop of crisp blue sky.

I finished off the afternoon with a trip to Jersey Junction for some pumpkin ice cream. Ahh again. Beautiful. And probably my last chance to eat ice cream for supper this year. Out of the carton just isn't the same. It's like...it's like s'mores done in the microwave. Just not quite right.

No comments: