Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

Yes, here I sit, proudly sporting the "I Voted" sticker, which handily coordinates rather well with my blue shirt. (An accidentally perfect wardrobe choice, may I add. I was not thinking of such matters when I opened the closet this morning, I assure you. No, I thought only of wearing comfortable shoes, in case I ended up standing in line for an hour or two.)

I am reminded of the "Be Nice To Me: I Gave Blood Today" stickers that are handed out when you donate blood. Unfortunately, about half of the time I line up to give blood, I end up with the slightly lame "I Tried To Give Blood Today" sticker instead. (Stupid iron test! What's one little point, huh? So close...and yet so far. But I digress.)

What I'm wondering today is why I haven't ever seen a "I Tried To Vote" sticker. Surely they should exist, right? Somewhere at some point in time today someone will get turned away from the polls, right? It must happen. Well, I think they deserve a sticker, too, just for trying.

Go vote!

No comments: