Friday, January 23, 2009

Anti-Valentines Day

Well, as some of you know, I have a special, heartfelt, and very tasty Valentines' Day tradition.

I make hate cookies.

I am always in need of more suggestions, so feel free to chime in! I'll give you a couple weeks to think about it and give me some really good zingers.

I've got a list posted just outside my office, much to the delight of the editorial wing. Here are some of the ideas my colleagues have given me this week:

fragile
thanks for nothing
wimp
can't spell
fantastically dull
UR dumb
when pigs fly

One of our editors thought that all of the phrases had been written by bitter women. Oh, no! Not at all. As I was quick to remind him, this is an equal-opportunity hate fest. Please, join us.

8 comments:

Mrs. DuPuis said...

How about... Don't even think about it... Lame-o... Keep dreaming... R U kidding me?

the Wonderspools said...

Some new entries from my colleagues:
Apocalypse NOW
shark bait
UR NSTY
and I heart Ligers
I confess, I'm not sure I'm cool enough to understand the last one, but I'm assuming if I did it would be funny.

Mrs. DuPuis said...

haha... isn't the I heart Ligers comment a Napoleon Dynamite reference? I've only seen the movie once but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Jen said...

yep, Ligers are on Napoleon Dynamite :). I'll have to think on this...

Jen said...

forget we met
dork magnet
go away
get a life
we'll call you
not on your life
fly, fly away
i don't think so

Jen said...

cupid is stupid

okay, I'm done now :)

Tait said...

Jeez people, don't be so negative; instead, just celebrate Singles Awareness Day!

the Wonderspools said...

Aw...c'mon, Tait! Embrace the dark side!