Thursday, February 14, 2008

Anti-Valentines Day

Well, I was going to let Valentines' Day slide by this year without harpooning it. But I just can't. It just seems like such a pointless holiday to me. So, over the last few years, I've taken to celebrating it somewhat differently. I make cookies. Lovely, heart shaped cookies with beautiful jewel-tone icing, pink and purple and teal and orange. And then I write mesages on them, like conversation hearts. Sweet, right?

Sort of. Here are a few of my cookies from last year...




My all-time favorite is "Not In A Million Years," but "Doofus" and "Pond Scum" rank pretty high as well.

3 comments:

Tait said...

http://www.taitcha.net/pics/sad01.jpg

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Haha! I love it! I especially love the cookie that says "dolt" on it... that word just doesn't get used often enough! Will I see you this Friday?

the Wonderspools said...

Yeah, I'll be there...too bad, I won't have time to make some anti-valentines cookies for us...but I'll think of something.